It’s the most wonderful time of the year! We invite you to join us on Saturday December 5, for the 25th Annual Lynden Lighted Christmas Parade brought to you by title sponsor Edaleen Dairy!
For all the fun on Friday and Saturday, we will soon have a list (let’s get past Halloween first, shall we) of fun-filled Holiday events that awaits you and your loved ones! It’s a Christmas weekend for sure!
Interested in entering the parade? You can download a PDF of our entry form. Please call feel free to call the Lynden Chamber of Commerce office at 360-354-5995 if you have any questions!
Thank you Title Sponsor Edaleen Dairy
With locations in Lynden, Sumas and Blaine!
Friday December 4th
- 10:00 a.m. -2:00 p.m. Holiday Dessert Baking Contest. Judging at 2:00 at KATZ Coffee & Used Books (515 Front St) $200 in cash prizes. Information: www.katzlynden.com
- 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Benefit Wine & Dessert Reception. (Jansen Art Center 321 Front St.). Tickets $10 includes dessert & a glass of wine or coffee. Winners of Dessert Contest announced. Tickets $15 at door
- 7:00 p.m. – “Handel’s Messiah” Concert (Third Christian Reformed Church, 514 Liberty St.) $15/$10/$5
- 7:30 p.m. Bye Bye Birdie (Claire vg Thomas Theatre, 655 Front St.) A musical comedy inspired by Elvis Presley’s draft notice. Ticket prices available at www.clairevgtheatre.com
Saturday December 5th
- 8:00-11:00 a.m. - Breakfast with Sinterklaas. (Lynden Community Center, 401 Grover St.) Enjoy all you can eat pancake breakfast and visit with Sinter. Sinterklaas and Zwartz Piets arrive at 9:30 a.m. Free to visit Sinter! Bring your own camera. Breakfast cost is $5 for adults & $3 for children Presented by Banner Bank
- 9:00 a.m. – Diaper Dash 5K Fun Run. Presented by Lynden FFA. Entry fee is a package of diapers which will be donated to Project Hope. T-shirt’s cost $6. For more information go to Lynden FFA Facebook page.
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Children’s Holiday Gift Bazaar. Lynden Library. 216 4th St.
- 11:00-5:00p.m. – “Elf on the Shelf” Scavenger Hunt (Front St. Lynden) Find twelve elves in businesses downtown & your name may be drawn to win a pile of Christmas gifts! Use of smart phones/Ipad encouraged, but not required. Pick up information at Edward Jones, 517 Front Street or Lynden DBA Facebook page.
- 11:00 – 5:00 p.m. Silent Auction of Experiences! Bid on different experiences throughout the area. Descriptions of the experiences and bid sheets located at Hats Off (406 Front St.)
- 11:00 – 5:00 pm (or until they last). Decorate a Christmas cookie at Hats Off (406 Front St)
- 11:00 – 6:00 p.m. Nativity Display. A collection of treasured nativity sets for the public to view
- 1:00-4:00p.m.- Skate with Santa (Lynden Skateway, 421 Judson St.) $6.50 admission
- 2:00 p.m. Bye Bye Birdie (Claire vg Thomas Theatre, 655 Front St.) A musical comedy inspired by Elvis Presley’s draft notice. Ticket prices available at www.clairevgtheatre.com
- 3:00 p.m. – “Handel’s Messiah” Concert (Third Christian Reformed Church, 514 Liberty St.) $15/$10/$5
- 5:00 p.m. Free soup at The Muljat Group North Real Estate Office. 505 Front St.
- 5:00-6:00 p.m. Christmas Tree Lighting & Community Caroling (Front & 4th St.)
- 6:00 p.m. – Lighted Christmas Parade (starts at Fairway Center, arrives Downtown 6:15)
NOTE: Front St. will be closed to traffic and parking from 19th to 3rd Streets from 3:00p.m.-7:30p.m. Parade parking is available on the side streets. FOR MORE INFO: (360)-354-5995 ~ www.lynden.org